Public Transportation Accidents
Every day, thousands of people board onto the 800 public buses comprising the Miami-Dade County public transportation system. With nearly 30 million miles driven per year, the amount of public transportation accidents in Miami can be significant, with severe injuries and deaths being some of the consequences of these accidents. You’ll want to know your rights and how to pursue a claim if you’ve been a part of an accident involving a bus, which is exactly where the attorneys at Friedman, Rodman, and Frank come in.
Our 100 years of cumulative experience handling personal injury claims in public transportation accidents has given us the necessary tools to identify the way to best obtain the compensation that you rightfully deserve. No accident is the same, but our knowledgeable attorneys and their use of expert investigators are the keys to the success of your case.Types of Public Transportation Accidents
Accidents involving buses can vary widely, but here are a few examples of what they may look like:
- A bus driver recklessly crashes into other vehicles, endangering the lives of all passengers.
- A bus collides with a cyclist or pedestrian.
- Surrounding vehicles cause the bus to have an accident.
- Buses are overcrowded, causing undue injury.
- A bus driver’s inadequate braking or acceleration cause injury.
- A bus driver’s distracted driving due to cell phone use or other reasons that cause the driver to take his or her eye off the road.
As you can see, public transportation accidents in Miami can be a result of many different scenarios, all leading to an injury to you or your loved one, regardless of who was at fault. It’s important to have powerful attorneys on your side when making a claim as their knowledge and experience will affect the outcome of your case. Our attorneys have helped hundreds of injured individuals obtain adequate compensation, for their lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering, and they can help you, too. It is important to claim not just what you lost in the past, but what you will also lose in the future due to your injury.Peculiarities of Bus Accidents
A public transportation bus accident is unique for two important reasons that can improve the likelihood of a successful claim brought on your behalf:
- Public buses must adhere to special regulations, which could mean increased chances of obtaining compensation for your loss and larger compensation overall. Given their relationship with the public, these bus drivers must use required care when transporting passengers.
- Buses operated by the city almost always contain video recording devices onboard, meaning that visual evidence is typically readily available. Our attorneys know exactly how to obtain the footage that may help prove your claim.
Don’t let the thought of a large, government-backed bus system deter you from seeking the compensation you deserve. Whether your driver was the cause of an accident or if the accident occurred outside of their control, you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries including past and future pain and suffering related to your public transportation accident in Miami. An experienced attorney from our team is at the helm ready to guide you and fight on your behalf for your loss. Contact us online, or by phone at 305-448-8585, for a free, confidential consultation today. Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning that they are only compensated if and when your case is successfully resolved.