Fort Lauderdale Boat Accidents
Boating is one of the most popular recreational activities in Florida. The State’s extensive coastline, and numerous bodies of water, makes Florida a hotbed for boating activity. Unfortunately, this also means a number of boating accidents happen every year throughout Florida.Typical Causes Of Boat Accidents
- Alcohol. Over a third of boating accidents happen when the boat operator has been drinking. Drinking and operating a boat is not only very dangerous, it is a criminal offense.
- Severe Weather. Floridians experience some of the most severe weather in the world. High winds and heavy rains can make operating a boat very complicated.
- Inexperienced Operators. Many boat operators do not have the experience to maneuver a boat through challenging conditions. This lack of experience can result in severe – even fatal – accidents.
- Defective Equipment. If the engine, steering mechanism, or another piece of a boat’s equipment fails, serious accidents – and injuries – can occur.
Persons who cause boating accidents can be liable for the injuries and property damage they cause. This can include property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and any other losses associated with the accident.Types Of Boating Accidents
Boating accidents come in a number of varieties. Here are just a handful of accidents we have dealt with:
- Collisions with other vessels or underwater objects
- Crashes caused by traveling at excessive speeds
- Boats sinking, capsizing, or running aground
- Passengers falling overboard and striking an underwater object or another boat
- Persons being struck by a boat or propeller
- Fires and explosions
- Carbon monoxide poisoning from boat exhaust and defective systems
- Two people on a personal water craft were killed when they struck another boat near the Clearwater Memorial Causeway Bridge.
- Four people died when a boat capsized off the coast of South Florida.
- A man was killed when he crashed when he lost control of his air boat and crashed into a concrete pylon in the St. Johns River.
If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a boating accident, our experienced legal team is prepared to help. For years, the law offices of Friedman, Rodman, & Frank have assisted ATV accident victims, or their surviving family members, collect the compensation they are entitled to for injuries, or deaths, related to boating accidents.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers, call our Ft. Lauderdale/South Florida offices at 305-448-8585, or toll free at 877-448-8585; or fill out our online contact form. Consultations are available in English, Spanish, and Creole.