Negligent Security at Sporting Events and Other Event Venues – Fulton, Cobb, and Gwinnett Counties
Whether you’re catching some football with the Atlanta Falcons or some basketball with the Hawks, you can expect to do so in a safe and secure environment, right? Well, you’d hope so, but if you’ve ever been a victim of a crime or accident in Fulton, Cobb, and Gwinnett counties in Georgia, you might be familiar with how serious negligent security at sporting events or other event venues can be. Your entire life may have been changed because of the events that transpired when attending a sporting event, or attending a concert, but there might be someone who can be held responsible for it.
If the venue or area where you watched or participated in a sporting event or concert can be held liable, you may have a claim to make for your damages. The concept is known as premises liability, and it affects many businesses and organizations. The idea is that if a locale has a legal obligation to provide adequate security but does not, therefore leading to a crime or accident, they may be at fault.
When considering what negligent security could look like, think of the following situations:
- Large uncontrolled crowds.
- Excessive alcohol or drug abuse.
- Lack of police presence.
- Fences or gates that were broken or missing, making entry into a venue easy for a perpetrator.
- Security personnel were not properly trained to apprehend the criminal or they allowed an unauthorized individual inside your location.
- Surveillance systems went unmonitored, thus allowing for crime to occur and perhaps escalate unnecessarily.
- Improperly lighted areas made the environment more susceptible to crime.
These are but a few examples where negligent security at sporting events or other event venues led to serious repercussions including vandalism, theft, and even death. If you think your situation mirrors these examples or is similar in any way, it is prudent to call an attorney for help. Our attorneys have brought, fought, and won cases like these over the years, and they’re prepared to fight for yours as well.
Our rigorous preparation process begins with a full investigation into the events that transpired when the crime you or a loved one were victim of, took place. This includes analysis of the criminal history in the area, the physical characteristics of the venue and their security policies, as well as the training their personnel receive. When taking a look at your case, we examine if an argument can be made based on the following:
- The venue or location of the sporting event had a legal obligation to provide those who attended and their authorized guests with adequate security.
- The security team and its protocols failed to prevent a crime or accident because their measures were inadequate.
- Given the situation, the owner, manager, or promoter neglected to account for criminal history and other warnings to place proper security at the event.
These conditions are not all-inclusive, but they provide some examples of what a claim of negligent security at sporting events or other venues might need to have in order to be successful. Give our attorneys a call at 877-448-8585 or contact us online to set up a free, completely confidential consultation to analyze your case and fight for your right to adequate compensation for your losses.